Re-united after 4 years. Here begins the the tale of how Sharzy and Karina backpacked two South East Asian countries with zero plans other than flight tickets to Ho Chi Minh and another from Angkor to Hanoi. . .
Like any tale worthy of being told, you need a good place to start and looking back, Vietnam was a little over-qualified for the job.
I’m not sure which story made this trip turn out to be one of my favourite backpacking trips of all time but it could be,
- How we accidentally broke a world record in Angkor Wat;
- The fates which led us to meeting some of the most incredible humans;
- Ways in which you can order the most descriptive thing on the menu to avoid disappointment but yet still somehow manage to gag a little and perhaps cry.
- How a simple Sanskrit sentence led us to the finding of one actual Buddha eyebrow hair;
- But definitely maybe (for certain) the tale of how two girls broke every single cardinal rule of travelling in Vietnam.
I can say that I have never found a more bizarre place to travel. Bizarre in the sense I had absolutely no expectation but somehow everything still managed to exceed the idea of expectation.
Our tales are numerous and I have no choice but to share some of our day to day adventures, because quite frankly its another part of the world that managed to steal a part of my heart.